PLEASE NOTE: Not all Models will have all Councils. Please look at your specific Conference Page or contact the Local Coordinator or the National Council Student Programs Coordinator for your model to find out which Councils will be represented.
Joint Defense Council
1. Exploring avenues for the prevention of stockpiling while encouraging the disarmament of chemical and biological weapons in the region.
2. Devising a League-wide strategy to enhance capabilities in peacekeeping and peacebuilding, with an emphasis on regional security efforts.
3. Formulating collective agreements and inter-League norms and rules of engagement regarding the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) among Arab states.
4. Assessing the capacity of member states to conduct counter-terrorism operations and combat irregular threats, while formulating cohesive strategies to improve capabilities.
Council on Palestinian Affairs
1. Discussing ways the Arab League can assist the Palestinian Authority in holding presidential and legislative elections.
2. Addressing the housing and homelessness crisis in Gaza that has been exacerbated by the recent Israeli air strikes.
3. Establishing ways to improve Palestinians’ access to clean water while also improving sanitation in the region.
4. Examining the availability of higher education, keeping in mind the discrepancies between men and women, and developing infrastructure in order to raise the accessibility to it as the youth population continues to grow.
Council on Political Affairs
1. Analyzing stimulus policy efforts created during the Covid-19 crisis and their feasibility as models for long term improvement efforts.
2. Exploring possible avenues for including national civic organizations in implementing the commitments of member states.
3. Discussing the rights of prisoners with an emphasis on preventing torture, arbitrary detentions, and extrajudicial executions.
4.Addressing the role of transparency and political integrity in electoral trust in the region.
Council of Arab Social Affairs Ministers
1. Exploring measures to enhance journalistic mobility while ensuring the protection of journalists in conflict zones.
2. Proposing reforms to fixed sponsorship and the Kafala system with an emphasis on preventing forced labor and abuse of migrant workers.
3. Establishing measures for cross-border patient support and networks for emergency response assistance.
4. Discussing the management and documentation of demonstrations and protests while preventing excessive use of force.
Council of Arab Environmental Affairs Ministers
1. Devising ways to increase public-private sector cooperation on ‘green energy’ in ways that align with the Arab Initiative for Sustainable Development.
2. Assessing the effect of environmental warfare in current and post-conflict States.
3. Determining viable regional pathways to reduce the League’s dependence on oil.
4. Revamping efforts at sustainable protection and management of the League’s coastal zones.
Council of Arab Economic Affairs Ministers
1. Discussing the current level of interregional and intraregional economic integration of member states and formulating methods to increase trade and cooperation in a globalizing world.
2. Evaluating the economic impacts of COVID-19 on member states and taking steps to promote economic recovery and to protect against future health crises.
3. Examining the opportunities and challenges facing the foodservice industry in member states and devising means to promote foodservice growth.
4. Assessing the availability of funding for sustainable development and creating avenues to encourage businesses to adopt sustainable practices.
Summit of Arab Heads of State
1. Assessing the efficacy of The Arab Convention for the Suppression of Terrorism and devising counter-terrorism and counter-radicalization strategies for the League.
2. Weighing how and when the League should become involved in the lives of refugees and/or internally displaced persons.
3. Devising strategies to counteract economic vulnerability in the middle class across the MENA region.
4. Examining relationship between the League of Arab States and the African Union as a template for potential interactions with other organizations.
Special Council on Poverty and Unemployment
1. Discussing the shortage of women in the job sector of the MENA region and developing a plan to encourage higher rates of women’s labor force participation and to reduce women’s unemployment.
2. Devising frameworks for policies addressing high poverty rates.
3. Establishing a league wide approach to transitioning young citizens from education into the job sector.
4. Evaluating the effectiveness of social safety net programs at reducing poverty in the Arab League.
Arab Court of Justice
1.The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia v. Qatar
2. The Sultanate of Oman v. Iran (represented by Kuwait)
3. Qatar v. the United Arab Emirates
4. The League of Arab States (represented by Egypt) v. the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
5. The League of Arab States (represented by Tunisia) v. Libya