PLEASE NOTE: Not all Models will have all Councils. Please look at your specific Conference Page or contact the Local Coordinator or the National Council Student Programs Coordinator for your model to find out which Councils will be represented.
Joint Defense Council
- Resolving illicit arms trafficking in former and current conflict zones.
- Creating a League-wide security protocol for natural and man-made disasters to provide safe and sustainable methods of prevention, recovery, and development.
- Considering the growing sophistication of cyberattacks against vulnerable populations and measures to counter the increase in cyber crimes.
- Expanding the EU-LAS project to address cross-border transit security of refugees and other displaced persons.
Council on Palestinian Affairs
- Assessing ways to provide the necessary care to Palestinian orphans while working to keep them under the care of other Palestinians.
- Devising means of reducing Palestinian economic dependence on Israel.
- Protecting and creating infrastructure and services for disabled Palestinians.
- Evaluating the progression of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and examining means for de-escalation and protection of Palestinians from continued harm.
Council on Political Affairs
- Exploring means for women and underrepresented populations to have equitable access to positions of leadership.
- Examining the role of technology in government accountability and civilian trust.
- Developing strategies to address concerns of protest groups in an effort to increase youth participation in government and prevent radicalization.
- Establishing and enforcing labor standards to expand worker protections in the MENA region.
Council of Arab Social Affairs Ministers
- Assessing the role of artificial intelligence and technology in enhancing equity and accessibility in healthcare systems.
- Promoting global Arabic Studies programs to encourage diplomacy and improve the international reputation of Arab states.
- Evaluating and creating new farming practices and civilian infrastructure throughout the Arab League to help mitigate hunger.
- Enhancing and upholding the rights and protections of displaced persons within the MENA region.
Council of Arab Environmental Affairs Ministers
- Examining the effect of ocean acidification and thermal pollution on ecosystems and food supplies in the MENA region.
- Encouraging the transition to environmentally friendly transportation systems.
- Analyzing the effect of current rapid population growth on natural resources across the Arab League.
- Evaluating member states’ international climate commitments and developing strategies to mitigate air pollution in the Arab region.
Council of Arab Economic Affairs Ministers
- Evaluating the effectiveness of tourism and entertainment investments in improving Arab states’ economic outlook.
- Assessing current efforts towards diversification away from fossil fuel dependence.
- Investigating and repairing existing systems of income inequality across the League.
- Examining labor supply shortages and barriers to combat skilled worker emigration and youth unemployment.
Summit of Arab Heads of State
- Analyzing the effect of Syria’s re-admittance into the Arab League and pursuing the possibility of continued League expansion.
- Recommending ways to protect minority ethnic and tribal groups in the MENA region.
- Evaluating ways to safeguard regional stability against future regime changes.
- Developing League-wide free speech standards while recognizing the role of government authority.
Special Council on Increasing Diplomatic Partnerships
- Considering the Pan Arab Games as a method of unity building within the Arab League.
- Establishing the Arab League’s relationship with the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS), focusing on tackling linked climate-related crises.
- Evaluating the efficacy of the China-Arab States Cooperation Forum and considering plans for the future strengthening of ties.
- Defining the future goals and involvement of the Arab League states in the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM).
Arab Court of Justice
- The Kingdom of Jordan v. Syria: Regarding drug trafficking activity on the border of Jordan.
- The Kingdom of Morocco v. People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria: Regarding Morocco’s claim to Western Sahara.
- League of Arab States (represented by Bahrain) v. Unaoil (represented by Yemen): Regarding whether Unaoil’s operations within the Arab League have violated international law.
- Qatar v. United Arab Emirates: Regarding concerns over the Barakah nuclear power plant.
- The Republic of Egypt v. The Democratic Republic of Ethiopia (represented by Mauritania): Regarding the potential effects of the GERD project on Egypt.