2017-2018 PROVISIONAL MAL AGENDA
2017 SUMMER INTERN MAL AGENDA
Council on Combatting Insurgency
1. Improving state capacity to preempt he threat posed by socially- and politically-marginalized ethnic and religious groups, particularly as it relates to support for or recruitment into extremist groups.
2. Formulating solutions to the problems posed by separatist movements, including but not limited to Kurds and Houthis
3. Mitigating the extent to which extremist organizations are able to obtain illicit means of funding, with a focus on both the suppliers and consumers of the goods.
Council on Healthcare in Conflict Zones
1. Facilitating access to healthcare professionals and medical care for those suffering from mental health illnesses and psychological trauma such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
2. Devising methods of safely and efficiently distributing humanitarian aid to conflict-ridden zones.
3. Discussing ways in which the League can alleviate the burden on refugees’ social and emotional health by reintegrating them into the formal economies of their host nations.
Council on Economic and Social Development
1. Establishing education programs, policies, and initiatives to combat the impact of “brain drain” and support the retention of skilled professionals.
2. Discussing ways in which League can employ methods such as cultural tourism to benefit the economic development of member states and preserve cultural heritage.
3. Reviewing and reforming the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement (GAFTA) while emphasizing ways that the League can promote the private sectors and economic diversification of member states.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all Models will have all Councils. Contact the Local Coordinator or the National Council Representative of your model to find out which Councils will be represented.
Questions about the Agenda may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.